Agriculture and Social Development Society (ASDS)
About Gandhi Babu:
Mr. Gandhi babu was born on 23rd May 1968 in a small village in West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, Mr. Gandhi babu did his schooling till 7th in his native village. In 1982, while on his vacation to his Grand Father's home (Tribal areas in Khammam district ) he observed the life styles of the Tribal communities of Konda Reddy and Koya and found them fascinating.
After visiting some of the tribal villages and observing Tribal lifestyle from close quarters, he gave up his choice for better life and preferred to stay back with his grandfather and do something for the
tribals. This is how Mr. Gandhi babu started his journey of social work. Initially, he started meeting elders and explored learning from NGOs who have organized trainings on rights and various schemes of the government for the Tribals. Through several trainings, he has enriched his understanding about the tribal issues.
During 1985, Mr. Gandhi babu decided and initiated a development organization called “Agricultural and Social Development Society (ASDS)” to serve as the platform for the empowerment of Tribals in the region.
Equity dignity and improved quality of life on a sustainable basis is the social reality for empowered tribal communities.stay back with his grandfather and do something for the
Activities of ASDS :
During the period of 1985 to 1991 ASDS expanded operation into Agricultural and Livelihood issues, and watershed management programmes. Most importantly, ASDS took up the humanitarian assistance to the “Internally displaced Tribals of Chhattisgarh” for the past 5 years. Ever since the inception of the organization, Mr. Gandhi babu has been the pioneering force and in planning, organizing and executing interventions.
The main activities done in ASDS for TRIBAL development are,
Activities done in newly merged Mandals in East Godavari
- · Assisted a shelter and shed to Fire station for four mandals with the cost of Rs. 50,000/- Distributed shoes
- · Distributed to tribal children in four Mandals (ICDS and Schools (No.1735 x 2 pairs children got shoes (Rs. 6,94,000/-)
- · Conducted eye Caps for 286 school children out of that 26 children got Operations and optical.
- · 250 tribal youth (Girls) trained and supplied free swing machines now they are running tailoring units in their villages
- · 20 Tribal youth Trained in Archery
- · 150 families got emergency support in disasters and natural calamities in three mandals.
- · We are conducting awareness and participating in SWCH BHARATH and NEERU CHEATTU camps in villages.
- · Distributed Green gram, Black gram, Millet seeds to PVTG village.
- · Distributed Goats to Tribal Single Women.
- · Distributed Groceries, vessels, clothes to fire accidental victims.
- · Installed Solar Grids in 31 village, Kunavaram – CHNC and Rekhapally PHC.
Awards and Acheivements:
- · STATE VOLUNTARY ORGANISATION AWARD in 1995 From Hon’ble Home Minister A.Madhava Reddy
- · Received State Voluntery Organisation Award from Hon’ble Home Minister A.Madhava Reddy in 1995
- · BEST NGO AWARD in 2013
- · MOTHER TERESA AWARD in 2016
- · BEST NGO AWARD in 2017
Contact Address of ASDS
Vyavasayaka mariyu Sanghika Abhivrudhi Samstha(Agricultural & Social Development Society – ASDS)R E K H A P A L L Y – 5 3 3 3 4 9,V.R.Puram Mandal, East Godavari District,Andhra Pradesh, I N D I A. Ph.No.+91 9440537588, +91 9502875819Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Website : asdsorg.india