Every time a new government comes into picture in India, it comes up with various beneficial schemes and policies for the common people. In this article I am going to talk about some most popular schemes in detail that are launched by our respected PM Mr. Narendra Modi.
1. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) – It was the very first scheme that was launched by our existing government. Launched in 2014, PMJDY is a national mission that ensures access to financial services such as banking, insurance, debit and credit cards, pension in affordable way. This scheme aimed at giving the facility of bank accounts to the people who lived below the poverty line. This scheme has been a big hit as 21 crore accounts were opened within one and a half years from the launch date of this scheme.
2. Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna (PMSSY) – Launched on January 22, 2015, the PMSSY was launched with the objective of securing the future of the girl child in our country. It is a small deposits saving scheme wherein a saving account can be opened in the name of the girl child and deposit can be made for 14 years. After the girl reaches 18 years of age, she can withdraw 50% of the amount for higher studies or for marriage. Once the girl is 21 years old, maturity amount can be withdrawn including the interests as per the rate decided by the government. The investments and returns are exempt from tax under section 80 C. the maximum investment is 1.5 lakh per year whereas the minimum investment amount is Rs 1000 per year.
3. Atal Pension Yojna (APY) – APY was launched on May 9, 2015 with an objective of increasing the number of people covered under any kind of pension scheme. This scheme was launched for the benefit of private sector employees who are not entitled to any kind of pension after the retirement. Any Indian citizen age 18-40 years can avail the benefits of this scheme. Under this scheme, one has to make contribution for at least 20 years before he/she reaches the age of 60 and can attain pension. This scheme provides a monthly pension of Rs 1000 – 5000 depending upon the contributed amount.
4. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) – One of the most popular schemes launched by Modi govt, PMAY aims at providing housing for all by the year 2022 which includes 2 crore houses in Urban and 3 crore houses in Rural areas. The govt. aims at providing 5 Crore homes to people of EWS category by providing financial assistance to the poor home buyers.
5. Make In India – With an objective of motivating both multinational as well as small scale companies to manufacture their products in India in order to create more employment opportunities for our countrymen, Make in India was launched on 25 September 2014. The initiative also aims at high quality standards and minimising the impact on the environment. It also aims at attracting foreign investment in the field of technology in India.
6. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – With an aim of fulfilling Mahatma Gandhi’s dream of clean India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched on October 2, 2014. It is a big step in making the country a better place to live in and has gathered immense support from people across the country.
There are some other schemes :
- · Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojna (PMJAY)
- · Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna (PMGKY)
- · Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sinchai Yojna (PMGSY)
- · Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY)
- · Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna (SAGY)
- · Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna (PMSBY)
- · Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna
- · Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojna (PMMY)
- · Soil Health Card Scheme
- · Digital India
- · Skill India
- · Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojna
- · Mission Indradhanush
- · Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna (DDUGJY)
- · Deen Dayal Upadhayaya Gramin Kaushal Yojna (DDUGKY)
- · Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
- · Swadesh Darshan Yojna
- · PRASAD (Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual and Augmentation Drive)
- · Udaan Scheme
- · One Rank One Pension Scheme (OROP)
- · Smart City Mission
- · Startup India, Standup India
- · DigiLocker
- · Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS)
- · Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission
- · Sagarmala Project
- · ‘Prakash Path’ - Way To Light – The National LED Programme
- · Vikalp Scheme
- · National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)
- · Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- · PAHAL – Direct Benefits transfer For LPG (DBTL) Consumers Scheme
- · The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI AAYOG)
- · Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojna (PMKKKY)
- · Namami Gange Project
- · Setu Bharatam Project
- · Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna
- · Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojna (UDAY)
- By Ridhima Sharma