CURRENT AFFAIRS ON MINORITIES
KCR meets PM for assent to Minorities quota Bill
Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday sought the intervention of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in getting the Presidential assent for the Bill passed by Telangana Assembly enhancing the reservations for Muslims and STs to 12% and 10 % respectively. At his 15 minute meeting with Mr. Modi in New Delhi, Mr. Rao also requested the former to take steps to enhance the seats of the Assembly from 119 to 153. He wanted Bison Polo Ground which is a defence land for construction of the State Secretariat and permission to take up express highway along the defence
lands en route to Karimnagar.
He also wanted immediate bifurcation of High Court and invited Mr. Modi for World Investors Forum conference in Hyderabad in November, sources said. At his meeting with Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley earlier, Mr. Rao sought notification for the enhancement in the limit of Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management which was permitted with respect to Telangana. Mr. Jaitley promised that the Goods and Services Tax Council will consider at its next meeting the State’s request to fix the tax rate of granite industry at 5% instead of the present 28%, sources added.
“Mr. Rao paid a courtesy call on BJP’s vice-presidential candidate M. Venkaiah Naidu”
- The Hindu
Strengthening Needs of Minority Communities
Conference of State Minorities Commissions is held annually by National Commission for
Minorities (NCM), besides interaction by the Members of the NCM with representatives of
minority communities during their visits to the States. The last Annual Conference of State Minorities Commissions was held on 17.01.2017 at New Delhi.
A meeting of National Monitoring Committee for Notified Minorities (NMCM) comprising of 72 members with representation from all the six notified minority communities, namely, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains, constituted to advise, review and monitor the schemes/programmes implemented by Ministry of Minority Affairs, was held on 26.02.2014. The major outcome of the meeting was that Sub-Committees for different minority communities and also a Standing Committee of NMCM were constituted.
A conference of All India Chairpersons and CEOs, State Waqf Boards/UT Waqf Boards was arranged by NAWADCO and Central Waqf Council (CWC) on 07.01.2017 to discuss issues related to development of Waqf Properties and Strengthening of State Waqf Boards to increase income of State Waqf Boards which could empower them for educational and economical upliftment of minorities.
Registration Fees : Rs 10,000/-
1. Charity and Donation
2. Improvement for the Muslim Community.
3. Reformations in the Madrasas.
4. Unique Association of Muslim intellectuals.
5. Access to the database of kalam intellects.
6. Public relation among the intellectuals.
7. Nomination for the awards instituted by the SMF.
8. Invited Guest Lectures.
9. Opportunity to address in our Meetings, seminars and conferences.
10. Publication of your Biography in SMF website as Kalam Intellects.
11. Publication of your articles or Biographies in leading Magazines and News papers by SMF.
12. Facilitation to meet VIP’s.
13. Sharing of knowledge and projects among the intellectuals.
14. Facilitation on your e-Books publication.
15. References and Recommendations for Higher Positions, nominations for Awards and Legal Advices etc.
PhD in any area or Masters Degree in Medicine /Alternative Medicine
Smile Miles FoundationZahoorullah SM
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org