Let us know more about her,
She was born in 1946 in Avanigadda ,Krishna District. His Father is Late D. Venkateswara Rao, Sub inspector of Police and her Mother is Late Annapurna Devi, House Wife. She is married to Abdul Khader, Retired from Central Government
She has completed her schooling in C.V.R.G.M.High School ,Vijayawada and later P.U.C. in Mary’s Stella College ,Vijayawada, B.Sc in S.P.W. College ,Tirupathi, M.Sc in S.V.U. College, Tirupathi in which she got Mery Clark Memorial Scholarship from Canada ,USA and PHD in C.F.T.R.I from Mysore, CSIR Fellow and Post Doctoral Fellow in C.F.T.R.I. from Mysore ,CSIR Fellow.
She contributed for Socio economic empowerment of Farm , Rural , Fisher & Tribal women, improving Nutritional status of Preschool Children, Pregnant & Lactating Mothers.
In both Personal and Professional life She is very happy. She Established P.G. Department of Home Science at Sardar Patel University ,Vallabh Vidya Nagar, Gujarat ( 1977-1981). She Established Second College of Home Science at Bapatla under Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University ,worked as a principal from 1983 - 1994. She is the Director Center of Advanced Studies ( only one in the country ) , Post Graduate & Research Centre at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad from 1994- 2002. She Started Inter faculty P.G. Dept. in Food Science & Technology at P.G.R.C, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad ,2001 and worked as Director. She has Written 4 University level Text books receiving Royalty.
She is Very successful, contributed so much to the welfare of Students, Faculty & society. She travelled many countries, Conducted many National Conferences & Workshops and Received 2 patents & licensed the Technology and Still travelling a lot & exchanging the ideas.
Other than Education she was in NCC and attended two camps. She passed G2 exam. She is First in rifle shooting in college.
She Received many awards and achievements,
- State Best Teacher Award; Appreciation Certificate from ICAR
- Women of the year
- Fellow of Association of Food Scientists and Technologists, FAO Fellow
- Outstanding Woman Professional Award ( FICCI)
- Eminent Women Scientist Award ( WISE,INDIA) and
- 3rd Dr. Rajammal P. Devdas Memorial award
- Served as Member Board Of Management of A.N.G.R.A.U. highest body of the University.
- Involved in developing recent portal on Rice in Human Nutrition namely http://www.rkmp.co.in/general-domain/rice-in-human-nutrition.
- Highlights Posted By World Fish Centre – Malaysia on fisher women through the global website, http://genderaquafish.org, run by the Asian Fisheries Society.
- How Would you describe yourself in one word?
Ans : Dedicated & committed in relevant field
- Give an Example of a time when you solved an analytically difficult problem?
Ans : As a warden & chief Warden of ladies Hostels solved many problems
Ans : At the age of 22 Years during M.Sc received Mary Clark Memorial scholarship 100 U.S Dolor’s per year from USA
- What is your favourite Quote?
Ans : “Confidence is better than perfection Because perfection means doing the best but confidence means knowing how to handle the worst”
- Tell us about an accomplishment you are most proud of?
Ans : Completed 22 independent research projects funded by National & International Organizations.
- Whom do you like to credit your role model as --- Why?
Ans : My Parents
- You spent long journey working, any observations about the challenges that are specific to your profession?
Ans : Every step is a challenge
Ans : All my achievements are best as hard work is behind that .
- Tell us about a situation causing the feelings of regret in your career ?if any ?
Ans : No regret . I took it everything in a positive direction
Ans : The more you control something , the more it controls you. Free yourself and let things take their own natural course
- What motivates you to get out of bed for a hectic work area every morning?
Ans : Do not think hectic work ,you will be normal
Address : Prof.(Mrs.)Vijayakhader, Former Dean , Faculty of Home Science ,ANGRAU, G-2, Navatha Complex, Goutham Nagar, Street No.3, Near Electrical substation , Malkajgiri, Secunderabad- 500047