Millets are related to the family of cereals, and they are the abundant sources of rich protein nutrition values. Mainly these crops are grown around the world in the regions of Asia and Africa. Mostly the developing countries have cultivated and produced the Corp of millets nearly 97%. Millets has consisted of vitamins like niacin, Folic acid, B6, C, E and vitamin K there are also various types of minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, Magnesium and fats, significant levels of protein and dietary fibre in millets. The major health benefits of the millets are mentioned below.
· Control the sugar level in blood for diabetes patients
· Prevent breast cancer
· Provide good heart health
· Lowers bad cholesterol
· Very effective in reducing Blood Pressure
· Helps to maintain good health of kidney, liver and immune system.
· Repair the body tissues
· Prevent anaemia
· Prevent Gluten free alternative and prevent Gallstones
- By Sruthi